Tuesday, July 16, 2024

A Double-Minded God?

 Ezekiel 18:23, "Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?" 

Proverbs 1:26-27

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

And this is supposed to be a loving, patient, long-suffering, forgiving God? If I didn't know where this statement came from, I'd believe it was said by a heartless person.


Titus 3:5, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Not of works, meaning that nothing people do (good or evil) ensures or disqualifies one from receiving salvation.

And yet, we read in James 4:8,

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double-minded.

Drawing, cleansing, and purifying the heart (which we cannot do anyway) are among the forms of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Awakening Journey is still ongoing as I continue to discover new things. A Letter to a Loved One.

I can only imagine how stunned and surprised you are to receive another letter from me in about a month or so.  In my last letter, I was a l...